- To find CERN click here
- Starting point: Building 33 - Reception
- Endpoint: Building 33 - Reception
Admission:The entrance is free of charge
Passport & Visa:As the CERN site straddles the border between France and Switzerland, some of the tours will entail crossing the border.
Do not forget to bring your identity card or your passport with you.
Schengen Visa might be required. Check with your embassy if you need one.
- Age Limit: Children under 13 years of age may not participate
- School groups of minors visiting the site must be accompanied by one adult per 12 students
- For safety reasons, high-heeled shoes, open-toed shoes, flip-flops or sandals are not permitted
- Smoking is not allowed in any part of the laboratory
- Pets are not allowed anywhere at CERN
- If you are pregnant, disabled or aged please have a look at our recommendations below
- The tours may be strenuous for some visitors, particularly for the elderly, pregnant women and the handicapped (e.g. steep stairways)
- The tours might be uncomfortable for people who suffer from claustrophobia
- Please note that Handicapped visitors, visitors confined to a wheelchair and visitors with a pacemaker are asked to give prior warning to the Visits Service
- Souvenirs and books about CERN can be purchased at our shop
- Location: Next to the reception, inside Building 33
- Opening Hours: Mondays to Fridays: 08:15 - 17:45
Saturdays: 09:00 - 17:15
- The shop accepts credit cards (VISA, MasterCard and Maestro), Swiss Francs and Euros
Publishing:You are allowed to take photos and videos
- Near to the reception there is a snack point available for visitors
- A list of nearby restaurants can be found here
Any questions? Please have a look at our frequently asked questions.